Love Run ½ Marathon Training Runs
Conejo Valley Trail Runners is offering 3 clinics to get you ready for Love Run’s inaugural Trail ½ Marathon. Clinics will be led by Mary Ann Carraher, certified Running Coach and experienced trail runner. You will learn the route as well as tips and techniques for safe and efficient trail running.
All 1/2 Marathon Runners must be able to complete the course under 3 hours, we will be closing the finish line after the 3 hours time. If you are unable to complete the course in this timeline then you should change to the 10K. These clinics are to help you get ready to accomplish the race in this time frame.
Training runs will meet at the Starbucks on Agoura Rd in Westlake Village at 7:30 a.m.
These will be for all abilities and we will regroup. The first two will be an out and back from the Starbucks to the trail and run a portion of the trail course accessing the trail head at Triunfo Community Park for around 5 - 6 miles
The final two runs will include the full trail section of the 1/2 marathon for a total of 8 miles.
The dates for the training runs will be the 2nd Saturday of each month starting in February at 7:30 a.m.
- February 11th - Meet at the Starbucks on Agoura Rd. - We will be running a portion of the trail course (4 -5 miles)
- March 11th - Meet at the Starbucks on Agoura Rd. - We will be running the full trail portion (8 miles ish)
- April 12th Ladin Training Run 6:30pm, meet at 6pm to check in - Meet at Ladin Subaru - course link https://www.goodrunguide.co.uk/RouteMap/MyRoutes/543998/Satellite
- May 13th - Meet at the Starbucks on Agoura Rd. - We will be running the full trail portion (8 miles ish)
Starbucks on Agoura Rd in Westlake Village
Running shoes, they do not have to be trail shoes.
Bring: Water that you can carry while you run.
Demonstrations and practice on techniques for running uphill and downhill
- LEARNING THE COURSE
We’ll cover most of the trail portion of the ½ marathon course
- TIPS for managing uneven terrain, pacing, breathing, as well as mental tricks to help you on race day
- WALK when you need to!